Friday, April 15, 2011

The Beginning

April 15, 2011

Today starts my commitment to communicate my ideas as a "planning professional." I use the term liberally for now as a Graduate Student in the Masters of Urban and Environmental Planning program at Arizona State University. However, I feel as though my passions have paid off and my understanding and purpose are coming together.

Future posts will focus on my ideas for effective governance and for the urban planner's role as evaluator, communicator, liaison, facilitator, and guardian of the commons. Urban planners wear many hats and I want to explore such hats with an audience to hopefully inspire some community participation from anyone who reads this blog. I'll also give readers ideas on how to get involved and make an impact. Hopefully, I'll effectively communicate the importance citizen participation in the planning process and readers can gain influence within their community.

No comments:

Post a Comment